Cydney Bernard: Jodie Foster “Comes Out” At Golden Globes

Written By venus on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 | 6:21 AM

Jodi Foster has come out – officially. At the Golden Globe she gave a beautiful speech and let the ladies know she is singe. She also thanked her ex- partner, Cydney Bernard. So did you know Jodi was gay?

Tonight’s Golden Globes were full of fashion, beauty, and laughs. But Jodi Foster stole the spotlight when she accepted the Cecil B. DeMille Award for lifetime achievement. She decided to come out, officially.

While I’m here being all confessional, I guess I just have just a sudden urge to say something that I’ve never really been able to air in public. It’s a declaration that I’m a little nervous about – but maybe not quite as nervous as my publicist right now. I’m just going to put it out there – loud and proud. I am single. This is not going to be a big coming out speech tonight because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the stone age – in those very quaint days when a fragile girl would open up to trusted friends and family and coworkers and then gradually proudly to everyone who knew her … but now apparently I’m told that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance and a primetime reality show… She went on to thank Cydney, her ex and a”heroic co-parent, my ex partner in love, but righteous soul sister in life. My confessor … most beloved BFF of 20 years, Cydney Bernard. Thank you, Cyd. I am so proud of our modern family, our amazing sons, Charlie and Kit who are my reason to breathe and to evolve. … Boys, in case you didn’t know it, this song, like all of this, this song is for you.”

It was really quite beautiful and was a bit surprising coming from a usually very private Jodi. It is so nice to see an amicable former couple. So just who is Cydney Bernard? (Don’t you just want it to be Sydney Bernard???) She and Jodi met back in 1992 on the set of “Sommersby.” They were together until 2008 and have two children together, Kit Bernard Foster and Charles Bernard Foster. Until their split they wore matching Tiffany bands and refer to themselves as “mombians.” Until tonight, Jodi has never publicly confirmed that she is a lesbian. She is one of Hollywood’s most successful actresses, breaking in the business as a child and having since done over 50 films.

0 comments:

Post a Comment